Higher Evidential Graphic Designer
HMRC is the UK’s tax, payments and customs authority and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
Digital Support and Innovation (DSI) sits within HMRC’s wider Fraud Investigation Service (FIS) responsible for the department’s civil and criminal investigation work. FIS ensures that HMRC has an effective approach to taking on the most serious tax evasion and fraud.
Working across Law Enforcement and government, DSI provides investigative tools and covert techniques to front-line investigations and works with key partners to develop and provide access to new technology and systems to enable investigators to respond to serious and complex tax evasion and crime.
The primary responsibility of the Higher Evidential Graphic Designer role is to produce multimedia-based presentations of evidence for use in trial and tribunals, to aid the understanding of key prosecution messages of a complex nature.
Key tasks include:
• Meeting with case officer clients and Counsel nationally to understand and develop the design concepts for the prosecution case, present draft versions and discuss case development.
• Design interactive multimedia presentations for use at courts and tribunals to allow greater understanding of complex prosecution concepts by members of the jury and other court attendees.
• Deal with amendments to presentations as the case develops and becomes trial-ready, sometimes including amendments of an urgent nature close to, or even during, the trial.
• Ensure presentations meet the needs of the Criminal Justice System, including compatibility with court room technologies that are available.
• Experience of producing high quality graphic design products to a professional standard
• Significant experience working with design tools including video editing, photo editing, graphic design, animation and web publishing products
• Willingness to be flexible with working hours in order to meet deadlines
• Ability to work independently under pressure and to tight deadlines and undertake multiple projects simultaneously
• This post requires National Security Vetting at Security Check (SC) clearance level and you must hold SC vetting or be willing to apply for SC vetting or be willing to apply for it
• Full Driving licence
• Previous experience of presenting evidence in a law enforcement environment
• Knowledge of the UK criminal justice system
Job Reference: 112188
Salary: Salary Minimum - National £31,807, London £36,159
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: