HO Infrastructure Technical Officer
The Infrastructure Higher Officer role with DSI will be responsible for the day to day service and support of specialist IT Applications and services which are delivered over our dedicated network, comprising of server and desktop infrastructure which underpins all of the business activities.
The successful candidate will become an integral member of a highly skilled, closely integrated team who support a technical infrastructure spanning across multiple geographic sites and a varied user base, you will be a technical resource within the Infrastructure team and will maintain and deliver IT systems and solutions.
This is a complex technical role where the baseline skill set requires effective experience in one or more of the following areas
• Desktop Management
• Server build
• IT support and development
• Operating under a structured ITIL process framework, this role has a key responsibility to work alongside the Service Desk to deliver 2nd & 3rd line Infrastructure support functions.
• Operate autonomously at times, effectively manage your own workload, time and priorities to deliver a high level of service to both senior leaders and customers.
• Requirement to visit multiple sites within the UK including overnight stays
This role attracts an allowance which includes additional hours, unsocial Hours, on-call and flexibility, subject to skills, technical ability and or training requirements.
The vetting level for this post is Developed Vetting (DV); applicants should be DV cleared or be prepared to undergo vetting to DV level.
• A demonstrable working knowledge of Enterprise IT solutions including some of the following: VMWare, HP Blade infrastructure, HP Storage Technologies.
• Wider experience of desktop PC support.
• A strong understanding of Enterprise networking using Cisco technologies including, but not limited to, Catalyst Switches, ASA Firewalls and MDS SAN technologies.
• A working knowledge of cryptographic concepts.
Job Reference: 13077
Salary: £30,880 Plus an allowance
Salary per: Annum
Job Duration: Permanent
Job Start Date: To be confirmed